Let Heritage Plumbing help you start saving money and keep our water supply safe
Even though 70% of the earth’s surface is covered by water, less than 1% is suitable for consumption. With the earth’s population continuing to rise, it is critical that we get smarter about how we use our supply of potable water. The good news is that we all can make a difference just by making a few small changes to our daily habits. Indoors, the bulk of our water consumption takes place in the bathroom. Some easy ways to save water in the bathroom are to shut off the water while you are brushing your teeth, take shorter showers and do not use the toilet to flush trash. Another great way to save water is to use water-conserving plumbing products.
When it comes to saving water in the bathroom, a few small steps can make a big difference. Consider these tips for reducing your water consumption every day.
- Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth, and rinse out the sink when you’re finished.
- Capture shower/bath water while waiting for water to change temperatures: This excess water can be used for watering plants.
- Don’t wait for the water to get hot before filling the tub for a bath. Put in the plug and adjust the water temperature as the tub fills.
- Do not use the toilet as a garbage can: Only flush the toilet when disposing of sanitary waste.
- Turn off the water while shaving: Fill the bottom of the sink with a few inches of water to rinse your razor.